My Kitchen rules is a reality based cooking competition broadcasted in Australia. The show made its debut on Seven Network in 2010.
This amazing series was produced by the creators of the seven reality show My Restaurant Rules. The idea came from the success of Network Ten’s MasterChef Australia.
My Kitchen Rules 2018 Requirements:
- Teams of Two are required for MY KITCHEN RULES.The first team member will be referred to as APPLICANT A, they must complete all questions in the section named APPLICANT A. The second team member will be referred to as APPLICANT B, they must complete all questions in the section named APPLICANT B.
- Team members must have a pre-existing relationship. E.g. friends, relatives, partners, etc
- Both team members must be at least 18 years of age on 01 May 2017
- Both team members must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia. You will need to provide proof of identity on audition day.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATION FORMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Only one Applicant can be logged on at a time. Do not log on at the same time on separate computers or you may risk losing some of your answers.
- Once each page is completed, hit the NEXT button and your information will AUTOMATICALLY be saved. If you need to stop in the middle of a section, hit the SAVE button before closing. This will ensure your work is saved for your return.
- All applications, photographs and any videos must be submitted via this online application site.
- You need to upload at least 1 (recent) photograph of you and your team mate TOGETHER. Please have it ready. Ideally you will have close up facial photos and full body photos of both applicants as well.
My Kitchen Rules Dates:
The last of applying for My Kitchen rules is midnight May 26th 2017 AEDT.
Apply For My Kitchen Rules Auditions 2018:
Below are the steps to apply:
- Visit https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/MKR
- Read all terms & conditions
- Scroll down and click on apply now
- Fill Applicant A and Applicant B details
- Fill interest/hobbies and upload photos/videos
About My Kitchen Rules:
The show has teams of two contestants each hailing from regions like —from New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, and Western Australia. These contestants would now strive to transform and ordinary space into an amazing eating joint based on a particular theme and table decorations for one pressure-cooker night.
From 2011, another state, Tasmania joined the show and New Zealand left the line. In the fourth series, there were fifteen teams made up of two teams from each state, plus three additional teams—the gatecrashers—from New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia.
The current judging panel consists of celebrity chefs Pete Evans, Manu Feildel and as of series 6, Colin Fassnidge.
Each episode start with an Instant restaurant round where one team start with cooking, setting up their instant restaurant and serving a three-course dinner—entrée, main, and dessert—for the judges and their opposing teams. But teams are given only three hours to perform the task. Now, each team would score the performing team on the basis of the menu prepared by them. While the judges would rate each course of the meal separately. The lowest scoring team will be then at risk of elimination.
Now after the instant restaurant round, some teams would be eliminated immediately or some after certain formalities that totally varied through different rounds. While, the teams left would now compete in a four-round format which was introduced which was further progresses by a fifth round named, The Food Truck in season 5.
But season 6 simplified everything and lead the elimination based on one simple round only that as People’s choice challenge. In this challenge, teams would all have an hour and a half to prepare their dish as per the challenge and the one with maximum number of guest votes was declared winner. The team who got least number of votes was directly put to Sudden Death round.
Two losing teams in Sudden death round will prepare a three-course meal for Pete and Manu in three hours. Each judge will score the total meal out of ten and the lowest scoring team will be eliminated from the competition. Certain seasons had rapid Cook off and showdown rounds also as additional challenges to judge a team’s proficiency.
Finals round consists of three rounds: two sets of semifinals, and a grand finale. All follow a sudden death cook-off format where in teams will produce a three-course meal for the main judges and for the four guest judges. Teams will be scored their total meal out of ten by the judges and the lower scoring team will be eliminated.
Now, four teams would compete in Semifinals. These four would compete in batches of two and they would showcase their culinary skills for the last time and the higher scoring team will be declared the My Kitchen Rules champions.
The show is currently running in several other countries too like – New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, UK and USA. The Australian version from the very beginning remained a high rated show and garnered a lot of applause.